Basement fire in Halifax town centre

editorial image
0
Have your say

A man was treated at the scene after a fire in a basement in Union Street South, Halifax.

The basement was being used as a bedroom and the man was helped out by one of his housemates. The victim was given oxygen by firefighters and handed over to paramedics at the scene.

Three fire crews were called, two from Halifax, and one from Illingworth to attend the blaze at 3.20am this morning (Thursday).

The fire was put out quickly but it caused a lot of smoke damage.