Halco Rock Tools completes its relocation

The shop floor at the new Halco Rock premises at Armytage Road, Brighouse.
The shop floor at the new Halco Rock premises at Armytage Road, Brighouse.
0
Have your say

Halco Rock Tools has completed a two-month transition into its new premises at Armytage Road, Brighouse.

The company employs 87 people at Brighouse who have relocated just three miles from the previous site at Southowram.

Halco is part of Caterpillar’s Mining Products Division and the Brighouse location is the head office of Halco and houses all key support functions including finance, sales, human resources, design, purchasing and quality, as well as the main manufacturing facility for down-the-hole (DTH) hammers and associated consumables.

Richard Wingate, of Halco, said: “We are extremely pleased to have completed this transition to our new facility which meets our needs both now and in the future.”

Halco became part of the Caterpillar family - the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment - in 2011.

Since then its strategic business plans have been aligned with the parent group’s global mining objectives and it is now expanding its sales, technical and operational capacity to meet forecast global demand.

The company’s new 60,000 sq ft premises will provide the foundation to expand business throughout Europe, Africa and Russia and it is investing heavily in new state-of-the art machine tools.

Halco dates from 1948 and its DTH drilling products, although predominantly used for mining, are also a premier brand in oil, gas, construction and water well drilling.