Sean gets his big break as his first TV series hits the screen

Creator Paul Abbott, Chloe Sevigny and writer Sean Conway arrive at a special screening of new Sky Atlantic TV series Hit And Miss at the Mayfair Hotel in London. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Tuesday May 15, 2012. See PA story SHOWBIZ Hit. Photo credit should read: Ian West/PA Wire

Creator Paul Abbott, Chloe Sevigny and writer Sean Conway arrive at a special screening of new Sky Atlantic TV series Hit And Miss at the Mayfair Hotel in London. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Tuesday May 15, 2012. See PA story SHOWBIZ Hit. Photo credit should read: Ian West/PA Wire

0
Have your say

A TV writer will see his dreams come true this week as his first television series hits the small screen.

Sean Conway, 32, is behind script for the new Sky Atlantic drama Hit and Miss.

The six part series follows the story of a transsexual assassin who finds out she has an 11-year-old son from her previous life as a man.

Sean, who moved from Stainland to Barkisland just before Christmas with his fiance Zoe, landed the job after being approached by creator Paul Abbott to be his staff writer.

“I’d done a few short films when Paul got in touch and asked me to go and meet him at his studio in Manchester,” he said.

“We got on really well and he told me that he had this idea for Hit and Miss.

“He told me to see what I could do with it, which I did, then we took it to show Sky and they loved it.”

While he enjoys working in television, Sean admits his passion lies elsewhere.

“Film is where I’m most comfortable but the industry in this country is so hard to break into at the moment,” he said.

Sean travelled down to the Mayfair Hotel in London for the premiere of the film last week, after which he held a question and answer session with critics.

“They seem to like it and have given it good reviews,” said Sean.

“When I first started working on it I thought it seemed a bit out there and it’s a difficult one to describe.

“It seems quite dark but it’s really just a drama series and when people sit down and watch it I think they’ll really like it.

“Being at the premiere was crazy,” he said.

“But it was a fantastic night.

“I’m just delighted to have got my chance and things have already started opening up for me. The series is going to be released in America next month and I’ve got an agent in LA now.

“I’ve been out there a few times to meet people and talk about scripts which has been unbelievable.

“I’m just taking it all as it comes and seeing where it leads.”

Although he admits he is not usually comfortable watching his own work back, Sean said he’ll watch the first episode with family and friends.

“It’s hard to be objective when watching your own stuff but I’m looking forward to seeing this,” he said.

Hit and Miss staring Chloe Sevigny, Peter Wright and Jonas Armstrong, begins on Sky Atlantic on Tuesday 22 May at 10pm.