DCSIMG

Blaze damages kitchen in Elland

editorial image

editorial image

Fire crews were called to a kitchen fire two blocks away from their station.

Elland and Brighouse firefighters attended the blaze at the back to back property on Beech Street, Elland, at 7.15pm yesterday (Friday).

When crews arrived they found the cooker ablaze but were able to extinguish it quickly in the basement kitchen.

There was also smoke damage caused to the room.

One woman was in the house but was uninjured.

The fire was started by cooking being left unattended.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page