DCSIMG

Crews called to Halifax flat fire

editorial image

editorial image

Fire crews have attended a flat fire in Halifax this morning (Monday).

The fire, attended by two crews from Halifax Station, was in a basement flat on Prescott Street at 7am.

It was caused by a microwave hob, located in a kitchen cupboard, overheating after being left on overnight.

When crews arrived the fire had already been put out. Two firefighters entered the building with breathing apparatus and hose reels, but their main job was to clear the smoke.

Nobody was injured and the occupant had been warned to the danger by a smoke detector.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page