DCSIMG

Dryer catches fire in Halifax care home

editorial image

editorial image

A staff member was treated for smoke inhillation after a dryer caught fire in a Halifax care home.

Crews from Halifax and Elland were called to the incident at Higgins Close Day Centre, Savile Close, at 2pm yesterday (Monday).

They used two breathing apparatus, two hose reels and a positive pressure ventilation fan to deal with the fire, which was confined to the laundry room.

The staff member didn’t require hospital treatment.

The crews left around 3pm.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news