Creating a romantic atmosphere with candles is likely to be popular on Friday evening.
But, firefighters are urging people to make sure they keep an eye on fire safety during their Valentine celebrations.
Last year West Yorkshire firefighters attended 44 fires involving buildings and want people to be safety aware.
They said it’s a timely reminder to protect loved ones by ensuring properties have working smoke alarms and follow simple safety tips.
These include placing candles on a heat resistant surface and being especially careful with night lights and tea lights, which can get hot enough to melt plastic.
Putting candles in a proper holder so they don’t fall over, and out of reach of children, pets and away from curtains and other fabrics or furniture is also advisable.
Area Manager for Fire Safety Ian Bitcon said: “If your loved one means the world to you then do your bit to help keep them safe.”