Fire crews were called to a house in Halifax after DIY home improvements caused a blaze in the kitchen.
The incident happened at 5:10pm (Monday) at a home in Rose Street.
Halifax fire fighters used two breathing apparatus’ and a hose reel to put out the blaze.
Nobody was injured.
Fire crews have since installed a smoke alarm at the home and stress the importance of having detectors installed in the home.
Smoke alarms can be fitted by Halifax fire crews, please call the station on 01422 386820 if you would like a detector to be installed.