DCSIMG

Neighbour prevents serious damage in house fire

editorial image

editorial image

A Shelf resident was left thankful to her neighbour who spotted a pan fire in her kitchen.

The elderly woman had fallen asleep late on Friday night at her home in Greenacre Drive, Shelf, with the pan on the hob.

The smoke alarm had been triggered but did not wake her but thankfully her neighbour heard the alarm and peered through the back window.

He had a key to the house and let himself in to put the small fire out before it took hold in the rest of the kitchen.

Fire crews from Elland fire station attended but the fire was already out when they got there.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page