Candle causes fire at Halifax house

editorial image
0
Have your say

A candle caused a mattress to catch fire in a Halifax house.

Firefighters from Halifax Station were called to the incident on Rhodes Street, just off Gibbet Street, at 3.30am this morning (Friday).

They used a fan to clear smoke.

The occupant, who had been alerted to the fire by a smoke detector, had no injuries. However, a neighbour suffered smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene by paramedics.

Firefighters were at the scene for around an hour.