Chip-pan fire in Huddersfield

editorial image

Elland firefighters were called out to a property following a chip-pan fire,

The house on Broad Lane, Moldgreen in Huddersfield had been without a smoke detector and the incident developed after someone fell asleep while the cooking device was still on.

Luckily a 22-year-old female resident from the shared house woke up coughing, and noticed the blaze.

The fire service was called out at 6.05am today (Sunday) to the fire - which on their arrival, had been extinguished.

Authorities are urgng that all homes should carry smoke detectors.