A Fire crew from Halifax station was called out to deal with a chip pan fire at a house on Wood Croft in Sowerby Bridge.
The incident happened at around 11.35am this morning when a smoke alarm alerted an elderly lady at the house.
But her and her grand-daughter and great-grandson escaped without any injuries.
Watch Commander Jimmy Johnstone said: “The resident did well to turn off the gas and close the door which stopped the fire from spreading.
“The kitchen was quite extensively damaged but we used our breathing apparatus and hose reel to clear the smoke.”