Crews called to Halifax flat fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

Fire crews attended a flat fire in the early hours of this morning (Sunday).

Crews from Halifax and Illingworth were called to the fire in Brunswick Gardens at 2am.

The fire is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault -the occupants of the flat were alerted to the danger by a smoke detector and the surrounding flats were evacuated.

Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the fire and a positive pressure ventilation fan was also used.

Crews left at approximately 5am.