DCSIMG

Four Calderdale boys accused of raping girl to stand trial

Bradford Crown Court

Bradford Crown Court

Four teenage boys facing allegations of raping a girl under 13 have been told their trial will take place next month.

The youngsters, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, were charged with the offences following a police inquiry which began last year.

The complainant, who also cannot be identified, has alleged that she was raped in the Field Lane estate area of Rastrick on two occasions in July 2013.

The boys, three aged 14 and one aged 13, sat in the dock at Bradford Crown Court today (Wednesday) while the progress of their case was discussed by their barristers, the prosecutor and Judge Jonathan Rose.

During the 15-minuted preliminary hearing Judge Rose confirmed that their trial, which could last about five days, had been fixed to start on October 13.

The judge also made orders relating to the service of prosecution evidence in the case and defence statements.

None of the boys were asked to enter their pleas to the allegations, but a further hearing has also been fixed for October 3 in front of the designated trial judge.

Judge Rose told all the boys that their bail was being extended until the plea and case management hearing on October 3.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news