Drying clothes set house on fire

Halifax Fire Station, King Cross, Halifax

Halifax Fire Station, King Cross, Halifax

0
Have your say

A woman was taken to hospital after her washing caught fire.

Halifax fire crew attended Park Place in Halifax at around lunchtime today after reports of a house fire.

It was caused by drying clothes left on a fire guard.

When firefighters arrived the fire had already been extinguished because two builders working nearby has been alerted to the fire and had used buckets of water to put it out.

The woman was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.