Electric blanket starts blaze at Halifax home

editorial image
0
Have your say

Fire crews were called to a Halifax house to deal with a fire started by an electric blanket this morning.

The flames, in the attic at Kingston Street, off Hopwood Lane, damaged the blanket and the carpet while smoke from the fire spread to the rest of the home.

The people living there were out of the building by the time firefighters arrived just after 11am.

Crews said the house was fitted with smoke detectors but they were not working.

For a free home fire safety check call 01274 682311.