Fire at house in Elland

editorial image
0
Have your say

Fire crews were called after a shower unit caught fire at a house in Elland.

Firefighters from Brighouse and Elland attended at 6.45am this morning to a house on Elland Lane.

A woman who had just been in the shower had gone downstairs when she heard a bang. She alerted her husband after seeing smoke coming from the bathroom.

The fire caused smoke damage to the bathroom.

Watch Commander Stephen Bates said although there were smoke alarms at the house there wasn’t one upstairs. He urged people to check their smoke detectors. “Please check that your smoke detectors are working and if not contact your local fire station who will come out and do a visit and provide you with some alarms.”