Fire at Northowram Library

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters from Odsal and Halifax attended a blaze at Northowram Library this morning (Friday) after an ex-fireman spotted flames through one of the building’s windows.

Crews attended the scene at the vacant building at 08.50am and broke through one of its windows to discover it was an accidental kitchen fire.

The blaze had started because one of the kitchen’s hobs had been left on by mistake.

Cardboard on the kitchen surface then caught on fire as a result.

There were no casualties and the flames were ignited.

There was damage to the kitchen which was blackened with smoke, melted light fittings and damaged units.