Fire crews put out pan fire in house where nobody is home

editorial image
0
Have your say

Neighbours alerted fire crews to a pan fire in a property where nobody was home, after hearing a smoke alarm.

Brighouse and Elland fire crews attended the Highfield property in Rastrick at around 2pm today (Sunday).

Fire crews were able to access the property before the pan caught alight and used a PPV fan to ventilate smoke.

Firefighters would like to raise the importance of smoke detectors and say the situation could have been much worse had the smoke detector not raised the alarm.