Fire crews tackle chimney fire in Southowram

editorial image
0
Have your say

Fire crews tackled a chimney fire in Southowram last night (Wednesday).

Firefighters from Rastrick were called to an address off Church Lane at around 8.30pm.

It is thought the fire was caused by a build up of product due to a lack of chimney sweeping - the fire burnt through the timber frame around the flue pipe.

Firefighters dismantled the fire board and used a hose reel at the scene.

The fire did not spread to the rest of the property and crews left the incident at around 10pm.