Firefighters called to fire at Halifax fish and chip shop

editorial image
1
Have your say

Firefighters were called to a fire at a fish and chip shop in Halifax last night (Friday).

Crews from Halifax and Illingworth attended the incident at the Bankfield Fisheries on Boothtown Road at 9.30pm.

The fire was caused from thrown away batter combusting in a cardboard box, causing the box to set on fire.

The crews used a hose reel and a positive pressure ventilation system to put out the fire.

There was damage a section of the floor where the box was and smoke damage to the building.

Nobody was in the building at the time and firefighters left at around 10.45pm after securing the scene.