A woman was treated for some inhalation following a bedroom fire in Rastrick last night (Sunday).
The incident, which was caused by a faulty electric blanket, happened at Back Brade Farm, just off Shannon Road, at 11.15pm.
Appliances from Brighouse and Elland attended and two firefighters wearing apparatus extinguished the blaze using one hose reel. They used positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke from the house.
Although all the occupants had escaped when firefighters arrived, a 47-year-old woman did need treatment for smoke inhalation at the scene. She didn’t require hospital treatment.
Watch commander Max Farlane, of Brighouse Fire Station, urged members of the public to check their electric blankets for faulty or worn wiring, and ensure they meet EU safety standards. He said if anyone has doubts they should ring West Yorkshire Fire Service or visit www.westyorksfire.gov.uk