Fish tank causes house fire in Illingworth

editorial image
2
Have your say

An overheating fish tank caused a fire at a house in Illingworth.

Firefighters were called to the house on Cobblestones Drive at 8.30pm last night (Wednesday) where smoke was coming out of the first and second floor bedroom windows.

Crews from Illingworth and Halifax attended the scene and used one hose reel, two breathing apparatus and a positive pressure ventilation fan to tackle the fire.

When they initially arrived occupants were inside the house trying to coax a dog out of the house. None of them suffered any injuries.

However there was heat damage to a carpet in the first floor bedroom and smoke damage elsewhere.

There was also water damage as the fish tank cracked due to the heat of the fire and water had dripped through the ceiling into the front room.

Firefighter were at the house for around two and a half hours.