AROUND 200 children were unable to return to school after the weekend after a flood.
A faulty heating valve caused the incident at Mount Pellon junior and infant school in Battinson Road, Halifax, on Sunday.
The caretaker discovered the flood on Monday morning.
The school was closed for the reception class and years one and two, which remained shut yesterday.
Staff said last night they hoped the school would be able to reopen today.
Maggie Bickerdike, business manager, said: “The carpets are sodden, we are getting them dried out and we have had the valve replaced.”