Four people taken to hospital after Huddersfield blaze

editorial image

Four people suffered from smoke inhalation following a house fire last night.(Wed)

A smoke detector alterted two adults and two children who managed to escape ahead of the arrival of firefighters.

The fire - which involved a chip pan - was out on arrival and a crew used a high powered fan to clear the house of smoke.

An ambulance crew took the adults and children to hospital for a check-up.

The incident happened shortly after 10 pm at Woodhouse Hill, Woodhouse.