Grill fire at Sowerby Bridge home

editorial image

Crews were called to a kitchen fire in Sowerby Bridge this morning (Friday).

The incident, which was caused by the accumulation of fat in a grill, happened at a house on Mount Street at 9.30am.

When crews from Halifax and Elland arrived the fire had been put out.

The occupants - a young couple and a newborn baby - escaped unharmed.

They were alerted to the fire by their smoke detector

To book a free home fire safety check which includes fitting smoke detectors, call 0800 5874536.