Hero neighbour rescues man from flat fire in Halifax last night

editorial image
0
Have your say

A neighbour rescued a man after a chip pan sparked a flat fire in Boothtown, Halifax, last night.

Fire crews were called to the flat on Woodside View just before midnight.

A man, thought to be about 20, is understood to have tried to light a cigarette of an oven hob ring and had left it on, with the chip pan on top which ignited.

The man tried to get out but collapsed because of the smoke.

A neighbour noticed the smoke and, when he got no answer, went inside and pulled the man out before calling firefighters.

One of the team said; “The neighbour was a hero really. Without his actions, the lad might not be here today.”

The man who was rescued was treated by paramedics.