House fire at Ovenden

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters put out a bedroom blaze at Keighley Road, Ovenden, Halifax, last night (Sat).

A discarded cigarette in a rubbish bin caused the blaze.

The four occupants in the house escaped unharmed after trying without success to put out the fire.

Illingworth and Halifax crews attended at 10.20 pm and spent two hours at the scene.

Watch Commander Simon Moore, of Illingworth, said the bedroom was approximately 75 per cent damaged and firefighters used breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.