House fire in Halifax

editorial image
0
Have your say

A smoke detector prevented a house from going up in flames last night (Tuesday).

Neighbours called firefighters after hearing the fire alarm at a house in Mayfield Grove, Halifax.

Firefighters from Halifax had to break into the property at 8.45pm after someone left a pan unattended.

Watch commander Chris Hannah said: “If it wasn’t for the smoke detector it could have been a lot worse. Luckily we were able to deal with it pretty quickly.

“If anyone needs a smoke detector they should contact Halifax Fire Station and we can come out and fit it for them.”