House fire in Shelf this morning

fire

fire

0
Have your say

Fire crews were called to a fire at a home in Spring Hall, Shelf, at 12.30am today.

A woman woken by the smell of burning went downstairs to discover her washer dryer alight.

She woke her partner, who tried to pull clothes out of the machine but was overcome by the smoke.

When firefighters from Odsal Fire Station arrived, they said the equipment was well alight. They managed to put the flames out but they caused extensive damage to the kitchen.

They said because the couple had shut the kitchen door, they had prevented to the flames or smoke spreading to the rest of the house.