Lit paper posted through letter box starts house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A deliberate fire was started after flamed paper was pushed through the letter box of a house.

Firefighters were called to Hanson Lane, Halifax, at 2am this morning (Wednesday).

Crews from Halifax, Elland and Illingworth attended after reports suggested there may have been someone inside the property.

However, firefighters later discovered the house was unoccupied and as they spent two hours extinguishing the blaze.