Man taken to hospital after Brighouse flat fire

editorial image

A man has been taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a small fire to a ground floor flat in Brighouse.

The incident happened just before 1am today (Monday) at Whinney Hill Park.

Firefighters from Cleckheaton and Rastrick attended as crews used one hose reel, two breathing apparatus and a high powered fan to clear the flat of smoke.

Fire crews administered oxygen therapy to the casualty who was then transported to hospital by ambulance.