Queensbury celebrates turning 150

Exhibtion from history society marking 150 years of Queensbury.
Exhibtion from history society marking 150 years of Queensbury.

Celebrations were held in Queensbury to mark the 150th anniversary of the naming of the village from Queenshead to Queensbury.

Queensbury History Society held the photographic exhibition, for the first time in 25 years from June 13-15.

During the Industrial Revolution, Queensbury was on the packhorse route between Halifax and Bradford and grew rapidly due to its textile links in the period when John Foster built Black Dyke Mills in 1835.

The exhibition documented the former Foster family home and Foster’s sponship of Black Dyke Band who played at Black Dyke Mills in celebration, June 13.