LITTLE tot Gracie had a narrow escape from serious injury after discovering a box-cutter blade in her new toy from Asda.
The two-year-old was playing with her Perky Puppy toy for the first time when her horrified parents saw her pull out the sharp tool.
Mum Megan Welsh, 22, of Warley Town Lane, Warley, said: “She looked like Chucky from the horror films. She could have cut her fingers off.
“I was so shocked. It looks a bit like a child’s toy itself so she could have carried on playing with it if we hadn’t seen.
“At first I didn’t know what it was. She’d just pulled it out from inside the toy. She was saying ‘Look mum, look what I have’. I said ‘Gracie, what’s that?’ and then I saw the blade and thought ‘Oh, my God’.
“Luckily she didn’t cut herself. I think I got it off her fast enough before she did anything. It frightened me to death.”
Megan said she complained to Asda but did not receive an apology and was instead asked to send it back.
“I haven’t sent it because I would worry I wouldn’t hear anything back,” she said.
A spokeswoman for Asda said: “We’re investigating with our supplier as to how this could have happened.
“What we know at this stage is that it’s an isolated incident and we’ll do everything we can to make sure this doesn’t happen again.”