TV fault sparks fire in attic

Halifax Fire Station, King Cross, Halifax
Halifax Fire Station, King Cross, Halifax

Fire crews from Halifax were called to a house fire this morning.

The attic bedroom of a house on Park Crescent had caught fire at about 6am on Friday morning.

The two occupants of the house were up and smelled the smoke upstairs, which wasn’t being used.

There were no smoke alarms in the bedroom.

The blaze is believed to have been sparked by an electrical fault in a TV upstairs.

No-one was harmed. The fire was confined to the attic.