Update: Woman, 99, dies following Lightcliffe bungalow blaze

Laburnum Grove, Lightcliffe.

Laburnum Grove, Lightcliffe.

0
Have your say

A 99-year-old woman has died after an electric blanket set fire causing serious damage to her bungalow in Lightcliffe.

Fire crews from Cleckheaton, Halifax and Odsal attended the fire on Laburnum Grove at 10.45pm on Saturday night.

Firefighters managed to rescue the pensioner from her living room after the fire had started in her bedroom.

She was by paramedics but later died in hospital.

The blaze caused unsalvageable damage to the bedroom with other parts of the property suffering from heat and smoke damage.

Crews were at the scene until 3am on Sunday.

Following the incident a spokesperson from Cleckheaton fire station said that electirc blankets should be serviced and well maintained with home fire advice available from local stations.

A file in being prepared for the Calderdale’ Coroner.