Householders are being urged to have their chimneys cleaned after a spate of fires in Todmorden.
Fire crews have attended eight such fires in the last eight weeks.
The latest was today (Sat) at West View, Meadow Bottom, Todmorden.
Watch commander Geoff Shaw said the number suggested people were not cleaning their fires out properly.
Crews were called out after people saw flames at the top of chimneys but fortunately they had been contained.
“It is only a matter of time before something else is set on fire,” he said.
“We want to stop that happening.
“Chimneys should be swept at least once a year.”