A woman escaped a fire at her home on Melrose Street in Lee Mount in Halifax last night.
The 23-year-old went upstairs at around 10.30pm to find thick black smoke.
She ran out of the house and to her neighbours’ home where she called 999.
Firefighters said the blaze had started in the a bedroom and caused severe damage to that room, another bedroom and the bathroom.
They added the house was not fitted with smoke detectors.
For a free home fire safety check including the fitting of smoke alarms call West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service on 01274 682311.