I have just finished creating my holiday notice giving details to my clients of when my office will be open over the next two weeks - my printer has run out of toner!
Due to the incidence of Holy Days, Bank Holidays, EU Holidays and Blair Mark II Holidays my list reads:
• Good Friday Bank Holiday, but traditionally not in Halifax - the office is open.
• Holy Saturday and Easter Day and St George’s Day (being a weekend) - the office is closed.
• Easter Monday, this is a Bank Holiday - the office is closed.
• Easter Tuesday, not a Bank Holiday but traditionally a local holiday in West Yorkshire - the office is closed.
• Easter Wednesday and Thursday, within the octave of Easter but - the office is open.
• Easter Friday (David Cameron Day) - Oh and Will and Kate are getting wed - Blair Mark II has decreed that this is another Bank (Public) Holiday, where I have to pay my staff to have a day off - and also contribute in higher taxes and Council tax so that National and Local employees can have a freebie at my expense - the office will be closed.
• Easter Saturday and Low Sunday or the 2nd Sunday of Easter (being a weekend) - the office is closed.
• Monday 2 May though not May Day (May 1) the British Government have bowed the knee to our European Masters and this is now a Bank Holiday - the office is closed.
Although the office will be closed on numerous occasions over the next two weeks - a telephone call may be answered by - guess who!