Holme made to work hard by Oddfellows

Sunday football - Lee Mount (blue and red) v Waiters Arms. Gareth Gaukroger for Lee Mount and Billy Grogan for Waiters Arms.
Sunday football - Lee Mount (blue and red) v Waiters Arms. Gareth Gaukroger for Lee Mount and Billy Grogan for Waiters Arms.

Hollins Holme are back on top of the Ziggys Metro Cars Halifax Sunday Football League Premier Division table - although it took two late goals to see off the considerable threat from Oddfellows.

Holme enjoyed the best of the first 30 minutes but were rocked when the home side took the lead.

The visitors were back on terms when Rob Day saw his shot saved only for James Chadwick to tap home from the rebound. Day then struck from the edge of the area to give Holme a narrow 2-1 lead at the interval.

Oddfellows roared back and netted twice to edge ahead again at 3-2 with less than 10 minutes left.

Steve Senior then struck to restore parity then hit the winner in similar fashion with two minutes remaining.

Previous leaders FC Bowling Green were forced to take a share of the spoils following a 1-1 draw with Feathers.

This was very much a game of two halves from the first whistle. Bowling Green went on the attack and within half a minute Sam Taylor fired narrowly wide.

Green’s star player, Chris Dennison, was finding too much space and causing all sorts of problems either by taking men on or with his long crossfield passes.

It was one of the latter which put Sam Taylor clean through he lobbed the ball over keeper James Whitworth but hit the post.

Feathers were awarded a free kick which Matty Seakins took, floating it into the penalty area and Nick Caufield headed just wide.

Dennison then took a free kick which James Whitworth grabbed at the second attempt.

James Whitworth then made three quick and brilliant saves from Sam Taylor and Chris Dennison in as many minutes, the last of these led to a corner for Bowling Green which dropped at Adam Sharp’s feet and he turned the ball in.

Feathers had one further chance before the interval with Matty Seekins heading just wide.

Feathers began to gain some good possesion after the break woith Nathan Cleary, Jonny Caufield and Matty Seekins passing the ball around wqell.

It was Seekins who went on a run past three players and slipped it past keeper Craig Lobley for Jonny Caulfield to tap it in for the equaliser.

The game was now end to end with Sam Taylor heading just wide for Bowling and Jonny Caufield having a free kicked saved at the second attempt by Craig Lobley.

Fifteen goals were scored at Lane Head as Carrington ran out 10-5 winners over Old Pond.

The home side took the lead when Glen Hall turned home a loose ball in the box but Carrington hit back immediately, Robbie Graham volleying home from close range.

Good work from Carney set up a chance for Matty Jones and he made no mistake, finding the top corner from 12 yards. Carney stretched the lead further but Pond pulled one back when Hall’s mishit cross flew in off the bar.

Graham then restored the two goal cushion and another good finish from Carney made it 5-2 at the break.

The visitors continued in the same fashion in the second half, Leon Hurles-Brook scoring with a spectacular lob from distance.

Jones then added his second before Jordan Coduri nipped in to make it 8-2.

Tom Wright found the net for Pond with a great strike from just inside the box.

Jones and Carney both scored again to seal their hat-tricks before Wright grabbed his own hat-trick with two late strikes.

Nothing could separate Waiters Arms and Lee Mount who shared the points from a 4-4 draw.

Ryburn United’s Richard Swales was full of praise for a youthful Rastrick BC side after watching his team maintain their lead at the top of Division One from a 6-2 away success.

Rastrick are currently bottom but Swales said that the position was a false one and predicted that they would improve as the season goes on.

“The scoreline flattered us really,” said Swales. “They are a fairly new and young side and they played some good football.

“They certainly had the better of the opening exchanges in the first half and controlled parts of the second half.

“I am sure they will start to pick up some results soon.”

Ryburn took the lead despite being second best and went on to open up a 3-0 lead at the break.

Rastrick pulled a goal back but Ryburn burst into a 5-1 lead before the home side claimed their second.

There was still time for Ryburn to add a sixth before the end.

Lewis Cockroft led the scoring with a hat-trick with Joe Thomspon adding one from the penalty spot.

Ed Fraine and Thomas Sanderson were the other players on target.

Royd Club hit double figures as they romped to a routine 10-0 win over Hen’s Face.

Sam Taylor and Calum Wheelwright were outstanding in Royd’s midfield and stifled any attempt the visitors made to break through.

Their strength allowed the strikers to pick off the goals with Jon Gibson helping himself to a hat-trick.

John Moynes and David Taylor netted twice with Paul Fairburn, Dan Howarth and James Redmond also on target.