Mytholmroyd Cricket Club will not have to apply for re-election to the Spenser Wilson Halifax League after all.
Their future membership was due to go on the line at the annual general meeting at Pellon Club on November 15.
Royd were docked 30 points from their first and second teams and told they would have to apply for re-electioo after failing to raise a second team for some games in 2016.
That left Tom Earle’s firsts needing to win their last match at home to tile contenders Warley to stay up in the Premier Division and they did that.
A meeting between the league’s executive and Mytholmroyd CC representatives has since taken place and while the 30 point deductions remain in place, the threat of the club losing its league place has been lifted.
In a statement, the league said they had been given “a very comprehensive presentation” of the facts surrounding the issues by the Mytholmroyd representatives and procedures regarding applying the rules had been clarified.
“Mytholmroyd outlined a number of positive actions that were being put in place to assure the League Executive that all such matters would be rectified for season 2017 and beyond,
“The Executive opted not to invoke the clause in its Rules stating ‘and may be required to apply for re-election.’
“Mythomroyd CC therefore retains its status as a Premier League club without any further action required.
“The League Executive want to express their support for Mytholmroyd in operating three teams in our league and hope their future plans bring about a return of junior cricket.”