(This recipe serves 4)
Our Fast Chef Chocolate Heaven two night course is coming up just in time for Valentine’s Day so I thought I would share this unusual sweet recipe with you.
This is a delicious idea for desert and is a bit of a showstopper when served with a swirl of cream and a side of biscuits to dip into the smooth chocolate.
Make sure you use good quality cocoa solid chocolate (at least 70 per cent) to get the velvety richness needed.
You could also substitute the raspberries for another fruit puree of your choice.
For the Raspberry Puree
200g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
50g caster sugar
For the Soup
25g caster sugar
300ml whipping cream
125ml raspberry purée
75g 70 per cent cocoa solid chocolate - chopped
- mixing bowl
- serving bowls
How to make it
1. Place the raspberries in a pan with the sugar and bring gently to the boil until reduced and thick.
2. Pass the raspberries through a sieve to remove the seeds and put the puree to one side (you can also freeze for later use).
3. Place the sugar, whipping cream and raspberry purée in a pan and bring it to the boil.
4. Place the chopped chocolate in the mixing bowl. Pour the boiling raspberry mixture on to the chopped chocolate and stir well.
5. Serve as a dessert on its own with some cream swirled into it.