Air conditioner catches fire at Halifax town centre nightclub

Firefighters were called to a Halifax nightclub today after an air conditioner caught fire.

Wednesday, 21st June 2017, 9:17 am
Updated Thursday, 31st August 2017, 3:34 pm

Pumps from Halifax and Illingworth fire stations were sent to The Acapulco Club in Waterhouse Street just after 4pm on Tuesday.

The club was closed and no one is understood to have been injured.

This picture of the blaze was taken by Danish Malik.

Acapulco nightclub, Waterhouse Street, Halifax

The Acapulco posted a message on their Facebook page after the blaze saying:

“We would like to inform all of our customers that Acapulco will be open as normal this weekend.

“We would like to place on record our thanks to Halifax Fire Service for there quick response to reports of a fire, as well as Halifax police for assisting the fire brigade.

“The fast response of our emergency services have helped the UKs (Maybe the world’s) oldest nightclub continue for many years to come.

Acapulco nightclub, Waterhouse Street, Halifax

“We thank everyone for there concern.”