Christmas lights start fire in Greetland

editorial image
Share this article

Christmas lights started a fire in a garage in Greetland last night.

Fire crews from Halifax and Elland were called to the detached garage at Templars Close at 7.15pm.

They believe an electrical fault in the lights, which were strung outside the garage and plugged inside, caused the fire.

The contents, including a Volkswagen Polo, were badly damaged.

Firefighters are urging people to check their lights are in good working order before using them.