Cigarette sparks flat blaze

editorial image
Share this article

A small fire was sparked in a Halifax flat by an unattended cigarette.

Firefighters from the town’s station were called to Clement Court, Crossley Gardens, Halifax, at 1.30am this morning (Friday).

The fire was caused by a lit cigarette but smoke detectors alerted the occupier to the fire and no-one was injured.

The flat was left with minimal damage.

For a free home fire safety check - and free smoke alarms fitted - contact West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service on 0800 5874536.