Crews called to chimney fire in Illingworth

editorial image

Crews were called to a chimney fire in Illingworth last night (Tuesday).

West Yorkshire Fire Service has issued a safety warning following the incident in Whitehill Green at 8.35pm.

Firefighters from Illingworth and Halifax attended and had to use an aqua pack to put the fire out. They had to dismantle the stove to access the fire.

Following the incident, in which nobody was injured, firefighter Dave Ingle said: “At this time of year people tend to light their stoves getting ready for Christmas. But please make sure you have them thoroughly swept before lighting them.”

Firefighters were at the scene for around two hours.