Fire crews were called to a moorland fire in Walsden this morning (Monday).
The fire, which covered 100 metres by 50 metres, was up an embankment behind Monas Terrace at 4.57am.
Two crews from Todmorden - including the specialist wildfire unit - and one from Walsden attended the incident and used two leaf blowers, two high pressure fire foggers and four beaters to extinguish the fire.
Nobody was injured.
As the fire was directly adjacent to a path, a West Yorkshire Fire spokesperson said they suspected it could have been caused by a discarded cigarette.
“With the periods of hot weather we’re having, the state of the moors and the available grass to burn, people need to be aware of their actions when out walking and ensure they discard cigarettes appropriately,” the spokesperson added.