Halifax cocaine addict armed with metal bar 'got what he deserved' after getting injured in revenge attack

A “bully” who was injured when he tried to carry out a revenge attack has been jailed for more than three years.

Tuesday, 13th October 2020, 4:32 pm

Judge Jonathan Rose told 36-year-old Halifax man Lee Tallis that he “got what he deserved” when his targets defended themselves against him and an accomplice during the late-night incident in April.

Bradford Crown Court heard today how had Tallis had been kicking the door of his former partner’s home and the commotion had been heard by her neighbours.

When one of the brothers shouted at Tallis he threatened to stab him and said he would come back with some people.

Sign up to our daily Halifax Courier Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Lee Tallis from Halifax has been jailed

Prosecutor Ian Howard said later that night Tallis and another man returned to the street dressed in black and with their faces covered.

Mr Howard said it was a pre-planned attack with Tallis carrying a metal bar and his accomplice armed with a baseball bat.

One of the brothers was struck on the head and leg with the bar while the other was hit about four times with the baseball bat.

Judge Rose was told that cocaine addict Tallis suffered injuries, including a broken shoulder, during the confrontation, but he dismissed that as any form of mitigation in the case.

“You are a bully that finally got his comeuppance and it is difficult for this court to have any sympathy for you whatsoever,” the judge told Tallis over a video link to HMP Leeds.

The judge described the two brothers as brave men who had stood up to Tallis that night.

Tallis, of Crag Lane, Halifax, admitted charges of assault and possession of an offensive weapon in relation to what the judge described as “a revenge attack”.

He also pleaded guilty to a series of criminal damage charges and an offence of controlling or coercive behaviour in relation to his former partner.

Judge Rose jailed Tallis for a total of 39 months and also imposed an indefinite restraining order which bans him from contacting his former partner and other named people.

“Should you breach this order once by going within range of this lady you are going to prison for five years,” the judge warned him.