Two men from Liverpool are now awaiting sentence after being arrested following a drugs bust in Elland last year.
The pair were detained by investigating officers after a 30-kilogram haul of smuggled cannabis had been intercepted in the Midlands.
The Class B drug was removed before “dummy parcels” were delivered to premises in the South Lane area of Elland last April.
It is understood that the cannabis could have been worth around £300,000 on the streets.
Today (Tuesday) 47-year-old Peter Bartley, of Moss Lane, Liverpool, became the second man from the city to plead guilty to offences arising out of the inquiry.
Bartley had been due to stand trial at Bradford Crown Court today, but before a jury was sworn in he pleaded guilty to a charge of attempting to possess cannabis with intent to supply it.
His co-accused pleaded guilty at a separate hearing last month and the pair are now expected to be sentenced by Judge Jonathan Durham Hall QC on March 20.
Barrister Shufqat Khan said Bartley had pleaded guilty on a basis which was acceptable to the prosecution and he asked for a pre-sentence report to be prepared by the probation service ahead of the next hearing.
Judge Durham Hall said he wanted the report to consider custody, obviously, as well as very robust alternatives to prison.
Bartley had his bail extended until his sentence hearing later this month.