Deliberate mattress fire in road damages Halifax house on Bonfire Night

editorial image

Firefighters have attended a deliberate mattress fire that damaged a house on a Halifax street tonight (Wednesday).

Crews from Halifax used one hose to extinguish a mattress fire that caused damage to a cellar door of a house and caused the house to be filled with smoke on Hammerton Street, Halifax at 6.45pm.

A fan had to be used to get rid of the smoke in the house.

Police are now investigating the incident.